Thursday, October 17, 2013

Mommy Life

Well Little man is 10 months old and life is full of blessings and challenges. My sweet little man is energetic, adventurous and absolutely hilarious! I love being his mommy; I love his giggles, cuddles, cute little toes, I really just can't get enough of him.

That being said, I also never expected motherhood to be this much of an emotional journey this early. About 2 weeks ago I decided it was time for me to stop nursing, my plan had been to nurse for a year and deciding to stop felt like another failure on my mommy goal list. I miss holding my little man close and watching him nurse, but at the same time I know that this decision has made me a better mom. He didn't like nursing, he was barely eating during the day and starving at night which lead to bad sleep and I was constantly pumping which hurt and took me away from him. Since stopping he is eating better and finally growing again!
On top of that I decided to call first steps to make sure little mans eating an sleeping troubles were not a concern, and today they finished his evaluation and informed me he was a "sensory kid", which I expected. The teacher inside of me thought "great, early intervention is key, so glad I called"! The Mommy inside of me thought "Oh no, what should I have been doing differently!?" Guess that's what happens to teachers who become moms.

I feel so blessed for the love and support of family and friends who constantly let me talk about my thought, challenges, proud moments, everything! I can't imagine being a Mom without the community of people I have in my life. Now what could be a better ending to my random thoughts than a picture of my cute little cuddle bug? I love these PJs, they just scream cuddle me!


No comments:

Post a Comment